Under 8 Pre-Travel Academy Team Guide
The Under-8 Pre-Travel Academy age group within our YPSL Conferences is intended to provide players an opportunity to compete versus other club’s “academy” teams. The overall objective is for coaches in each conference to work together in an all-out effort to develop confident, well-educated players and guiding them to a successful future.
Prerequisite to Participation:
- All Under-8 Pre-Travel Academy Club/Teams MUST petition the YPSL to enter the league
- A call will be arranged with team coaches and Club Technical Director to ask any remaining questions prior to approval/denial
- Coaches MUST Agree to the Following (Once accepted):
- No scores or standings are to be kept at the Under-8 age group
- Maximum roster of 14 players
- Coaches must provide proof of soccer education background
- All players MUST be introduced to the goal keeping position and encouraged to play in goal
- Coaches must agree to communicate with each other prior to each league game and structure a learning environment
- The YPSL allows flexibility on U8 games. For example; teams may agree to play two (2) simultaneous small-sided games to start the season and then move to 7 vs. 7 the last 3-4 games scheduled.